Earth Hour 2019 will be observed on 30th March, 2016 8:30-9:30PM (local time) across the world. It is the most important day to make people aware of various issues. Earth Hour is being observed by lots of tourist attractions / places across the world. Tourist attractions have a major impact on people across the world. It will make headlines in the most of newspapers and TV channels around the world.
Traveljee has compiled a list of famous tourist attractions which will goes to dark for at least one hour.
Earth Hour 2019 Tourist Attractions
It’s an expected list, any of these places may participate or may not.
- Australia: Sydney – The Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
- Argentina: Obelisk, Planetarium.
- Belarus: National Library of Belarus.
- Brazil: Christ the Redeemer Statue, Maracana Stadium (Rio de Janeiro)
- Bahrain: World Trade Center, Al Fateh Grand Mosque, Bahrain International Circuit, Al Moayyed Tower.
- Croatia: Dubrovnik City Walls.
- Canada: CN Tower and Toronto Pearson International Airport.
- China: The Bird’s Nest (Beijing National Stadium, Beijing), Great Wall of China.
- Denmark: The Little Mermaid Statue.
- Egypt: Great Pyramids of Giza.
- France: Eiffel Tower (Paris) and The Louvre (Paris).
- Germany: Brandenburg Gate Berlin, Allianz Arena.
- Greece: Acropolis of Athens, White Tower of Thessaloniki, Colosseum.
- Hungary: Chain Bridge (Budapest)
- India: Gateway of India, Qutab Minar, Red Fort, Humayun’s Tomb, Howrah Bridge , the Chhatrapathi Shivaji Terminus and Rashtrapati Bhavan (The Presidential Bhavan).
- Italy: Tower of Pisa, Coliseum (Rome), Trevi Fountain (Rome)
- Israel: Azrieli Center (Tel Aviv).
- Iran: Milad Tower, Siosepol and Naqsh-e Jahan Square.
- Japan: The Tokyo Tower, and The Hiroshima Peace Memorial.
- Jordan: Al Karak Castle
- Libya: The Libyan Museum.
- Liechtenstein: Vaduz Castle (Official residence of Prince of)
- Lithuania: Vilnius Cathedral, Lithuania
- Malaysia: Petronas Towers (Kuala Lumpur).
- Mexico: Revolution Monument (Mexico City)
- New Zealand: Sky Tower (Auckland)
- Nepal: Lumbini Sacred Garden.
- Russia: Kremlin (Moscow), St. Basil’s Cathedral (Moscow)
- Singapore: Orchard Road, Marina Bay Sands
- South Africa: Table Mountain.
- Taiwan: Taipei 101.
- Vatican City: The Cupola of St. Peter’s Basilica.
- UAE: Burj Khalifa (Dubai), Burj Al Arab (Dubai), Atlantis The Palm (Dubai)
- United Kingdom: London -Big Ben, House of Parliament, Tower Bridge and Buckingham Palace. Wembley Stadium, St Paul’s Cathedral, Edinburgh Castle, Cardiff Castle and Brighton Pier.
- USA: New York City – Times Square, Big Apple, Rockefeller Center and Empire State Building. Las Vegas Strip (Las Vegas), Niagara Falls, Los Angeles Airport (LAX), Golden Gate Bridge (San Francisco), Sears Tower (Chicago), Seattle Art Museum and Space Needle (Seattle).
Where to Watch Live Streaming of Earth Hour 2019?
We are expecting that the live streaming of Earth Hour 2019 will be provided by various TV channels and websites across the world. You can watch live stream online on YouTube channels of prominent news channels such as ABC News, Fox News, CNN, NBC, Aaj Tak, NDTV, ABP News and so on. I am advising all visitors to watch your national level news channel’s YouTube channel.
We are also expecting that the various WWF offices worldwide will provide live streaming videos on their respective national level website. The official website of the World Wild Fund for Nature (WWF) will also provide high quality videos as well as information for respective cities and countries.
We will update new information on Earth Hour 2019. Do you know any other tourist attractions which will go dark for Earth Hour 2019? Please let me know, I will update the list. Please share this important article on the popular social media websites to make people aware about Earth Hour 2019.
Article Title: Earth Hour 2019: Famous Tourist Attractions Around the World Will Go Dark for 1 hour
Article last re-published on January 4, 2019.