Buying things from shopping malls is a beautiful experience, everyone want to enjoy especially during weekend. Before arrival of online shopping portals in India, shopping malls, department stores, and shopping centres were largely popular among the couples, youth, kids, and elders. Let’s have a look at the 10 largest shopping malls in India which are shinning like a star in this modern era.
Top 10 Largest Shopping Malls in India For Amazing and Best Shopping
1. Lulu International Shopping Mall, Kochi
Lulu International Shopping Mall is the largest and the biggest shopping mall in India in terms of gross leasable area. It is located in the heart of Kochi city in Kerala state of India. It was developed by Non-Resident Indian Mr. M A Yousuf Ali, a businessman based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). The shopping mall was opened on 10th March, 2013.
- Gross Leasable Area: 2,500,000 sq ft
- Location/Address: Lulu International Shopping Mall Pvt. Ltd., 34/1000, NH 47, Edapally, Kochi – 682024, Kerala
- Owner: EMKE Group (MD, M.A. Yousuf Ali)
- Total Floors: 5
- Total Multiplex: 9 Screen of PVR Cinemas Multiplex
- Food: 3 Restaurants and 4500 People can take food at a time with 18 multi cuisine kitchens.
- Facilities for Entertainment: Party Hall, Indoor Climbing, Rides, Amusement, 5D Cinema and Arcade Games
- Business Facilities: Foreign Exchange Counters, Banking Counters and much more.
2. World Trade Park, Jaipur
A beautiful gem of shopping in Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan. This beautiful shopping mall is located in Malviya Nagar. A good number of popular retail stores are located in this mall, such as Promod, Junarose, Rosso, Vero Moda, Gitanjali Jewels, Nakshatra, Tag Heuer, Rado Switzerland, and many more.
- Gross Leasable Area: 2,400,000 sq ft
- Stores and services: 500+
- Address: JLN Marg, Malviya Nagar, Jaipur
- No. of floors: 11
- Opening year: 2012
- Parking: 1100 cars
3. DLF Mall of India
DLF Mall of India is the third largest shopping mall in India with a gross leasable area of 2,000,000 sq ft. DLF is a popular name in the reality sector of India. The shopping mall is located in Sector 18, Noida. You could buy many things from this shopping mall including women wears, men’s wear, kid’s wear, luxury watches, smartphones, cameras, books, home furnishing products, and much more.
- Gross Leasable Area: 2,000,000 sq ft
- Stores and Services: 333+
- Opening year: 2016
- Anchor tenants: 18+
- Total floors: 7
- Developer: DLF Limited
- Parking facility: Valet Parking
4. Phoenix Market City, Bangalore
It’s the largest shopping mall in Bangalore with a leasable area of 1,400,000 sq ft. This beautiful shopping mall is located on Whitefield Main Road, Bengaluru. It has a nine-screen PVR Cinemas multiplex, a food court, 270+ retail stores, and best hangout centre.
- Stores and Services: 270+
- Total floors: 4 + Basement
- Opening year: October 2011
- Parking: 1700 car parks
- Address: Whitefield Main Road, Singayyanapalya, Mahadevapura
5. Elante Mall, Chandigarh
Elante Mall is the largest shopping mall in Chandigarh and 5th largest mall in India with a leasable area of 1,150,000 sq ft. It is the second largest shopping mall in Northern India. To buy amazing things in Chandigarh, then Elante Mall is a superb place for shopping lovers. It was opened in April, 2013 to cater the needs of Chandigarh shoppers.
- Gross Leasable area: 1,150,000 sq ft
- Opening date: April 2013
- Total floors: 4 + 1 basement level, of retail area
- Address: 178, Industrial Area, Phase 1
- Parking: Multilevel
- Popular Products to Purchase Here: Electronics & Multimedia, Shoes, Bags, Accessories, Glasses, House ware, Health / Beauty, Toys, Books, Gifts, Hypermarket, Department Store, Watches, and more.
6. Esplanade One, Bhubaneswar
Esplanade One is the 6th largest shopping mall in India and largest mall in Odisha. It’s a great place to buy modern things in Bhubaneswar. With more than 200 retail outlets and world famous brands, Esplanade One is one of the best places to buy things in Bhubaneswar.
- Gross Leasable area: 1,000,000 sq ft
- Parking: 1000+
- Services and Stores: 200+
- Address: Rasulgarh, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
- Total floors: G+9
6. Phoenix Market City, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
Chennai is emerging as tech city of India. Besides technology, Chennai is also growing as a tourist spot in Tamil Nadu. Phoenix Market City is the largest/biggest shopping mall in Chennai. It is also the largest mall of Tamil Nadu. It has more than 300 retail outlets/stores. It provides the best facilities for food lovers with more than food.
- Total Retail Outlet: 300+
- Boutique Hotel Rooms: 30+
- Facilities: Food Court, Mehandi, Foreign Exchange Counters, Popular Brand Retails, Multi-level Car Parking, amphitheater with club facility.
- Address: 2nd Floor, 142, Velachery Main Rd, Velachery, Chennai
7. Fun Republic, Lucknow
The Fun Republic Mall is one of the largest shopping malls in India with a leasable area of 970,000 sq ft. A good number of international retail brands are available in this mall. It was built by famous business group Zee Group in the mid-2000s. The mall is located in Gomti Nagar, Lucknow.
- Gross Leasable area: 970,000 sq ft
- Parking facility: 550+cars
- Built by Zee Group
8. Mantri Square Mall, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Bangalore is the silicon valley of India i.e. Information Technology hub of the world. So, every day thousands of tourist/business persons/IT professional visits the city for work/leisure activity. They also want to do shopping with their favorite brands. The Mantri Square Mall is one of the largest shopping malls in Bangalore. It provides a great shopping experience for all types of shoppers in Bangalore.
- Total Leasable area: 924,000 sq ft
- Total Retail Outlets: 252+
- Brands: 11,000+
- Multiplex: Inox Cinemas
- More than 1.6 million shoppers/persons visit this mall every month.
- Address: No 1, Sampige Road, Malleshwaram,Bangalore, Karnataka – 560003
9. Express Avenue, Chennai
Express Avenue is one of the best places to buy things in Chennai. It has more than 210 stores and services outlets in the mall. At least 10 anchor tenants are located in this amazing shopping mall. This amazing shopping destination is located on Whites Road, Chennai.
- Total Leasable area: 900,000 sq ft
- Stores and Services: 210+
- Opening date: August 31, 2010
- Total floors: 3
- Address: Whites road, Royapettah, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
10. Orion Mall, Bangalore
Orion Mall is one of the best places for shopping in Bangalore. It is one of the largest shopping malls in India. The mall is located on Dr. Rajkumar Road, Bengaluru. The mall is located in about four floors in the gross leasable area of 850,000 sq ft. It offers a good opportunity for shopping in Bangalore.
- Total Leasable area: 850,000 sq ft
- Opening year: 2012
- Total floors: 4
- Address: Dr.Rajkumar Road, Rajajinagar, Bengaluru
- Parking facility: 2 Levels(1600 Cars) + MLCP (3600 Cars)
Article Title: Top 10 Largest Shopping Malls in India For Amazing and Best Shopping
Article last re-published on August 16, 2018.