India is rapidly growing as one of the biggest attractive shopping destinations in the world for foreign tourist. Every year, a lot of new brand retail stores and shopping malls opens for the shopping lovers. India is a popular shopping destination for the traditional shopping as well as latest/modern shopping. India provides an unique shopping experience in the shopping mall compare to other country. In this article, we have compiled a list of the ten largest shopping malls in India.
Top 10 Largest Shopping Malls in India For Amazing and Best Shopping
1. Lulu International Shopping Mall, Kochi
Lulu International Shopping Mall is the largest and the biggest shopping mall in India in terms of gross leasable area. It is located in the heart of Kochi city in Kerala state of India. It was developed by Non-Resident Indian Mr. M A Yousuf Ali, a businessman based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). The shopping mall was opened on 10th March, 2013.
- Total Retail Floor Area: 17,00,000 Square Feet
- Location/Address: Lulu International Shopping Mall Pvt. Ltd., 34/1000, NH 47, Edapally, Kochi – 682024, Kerala
- Owner: EMKE Group (MD, M.A. Yousuf Ali)
- Total Floors: 5
- Total Multiplex: 9 Screen of PVR Cinemas Multiplex
- Food: 3 Restaurants and 4500 People can take food at a time with 18 multi cuisine kitchens.
- Facilities for Entertainment: Party Hall, Indoor Climbing, Rides, Amusement, 5D Cinema and Arcade Games
- Business Facilities: Foreign Exchange Counters, Banking Counters and much more.
2. Phoenix Market City, Mumbai
Phoenix Market City is situated in Mumbai. Phoenix Market City is Mumbai and Maharashtra’s largest/biggest shopping mall. Earlier, it was the biggest shopping mall in India before the opening of Lulu Mall, Kochi (Kerala). This mall is also a favorite destination for domestic tourist as well as International tourist.
Related Article: Best and Biggest Shopping Malls in Mumbai
- Total Area in Square Feet: 40,50,000
- Total Stores: 600 Retail Outlet/Stores
- Multiplex Screen: 14 Movie Screens
- Restaurants: More than 20 Restaurants
- Address: Phoenix Market City, LBS Marg, Kurla Mumbai – 400015 (Maharashtra)
3. Phoenix Market City, Pune
IT hub of Maharashtra; Pune is also growing as one of the shopping destinations in India. Phoenix Market City is the third largest shopping mall in India in terms of area. It has world-class facilities to entertain its visitors. It is also one of the most attractive places to be visited in Pune city for tourists.
- Total Area: 34,00,000 Square Feet
- Address: Viman Nagar, Pune (Maharashtra)
- Facilities: Food Court/Plaza, Foreign Exchange Counters, Mehandi, Cinema Multiplex Screens & much more.
4. Phoenix Market City, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
Chennai is emerging as tech city of India. Besides technology, Chennai is also growing as a tourist spot in Tamil Nadu. Phoenix Market City is the largest/biggest shopping mall in Chennai. It is also the largest mall of Tamil Nadu. It has more than 300 retail outlets/stores. It provides the best facilities for food lovers with more than food.
- Total Retail Outlet: 300+
- Boutique Hotel Rooms: 30+
- Facilities: Food Court, Mehandi, Foreign Exchange Counters, Popular Brand Retails, Multi-level Car Parking, amphitheater with club facility.
- Address: 2nd Floor, 142, Velachery Main Rd, Velachery, Chennai
5. Mantri Square Mall, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Bangalore is the silicon valley of India i.e. Information Technology hub of the world. So, every day thousands of tourist/business persons/IT professional came here for the work. They also want to do shopping with their favorite brands. The Mantri Square Mall is the largest shopping mall in Bangalore city in Karnataka. It provides a great shopping experience for all age people.
Related Article: Best and Biggest Shopping Malls in Bangalore
- Total Area: 17,00,000 Square Feet
- Total Retail Outlets: 240+
- Brands: 11,000+
- Multiplex: Inox Cinemas
- More than 1.6 million shoppers/persons visit this mall every month.
- Address: No 1, Sampige Road, Malleshwaram,Bangalore, Karnataka – 560003
6. Z Square Shopping Mall, Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh)
Uttar Pradesh is the largest state of India in terms of population. So, obviously there will be so much shopping lovers in the state. To satisfy them, Z Square Shopping Mall was established in the city of Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh. It is also the largest shopping mall in Kanpur and Uttar Pradesh.
- Opened in 2010
- Total Area in Square Feet: 15,00,000
- Facilities: Food Court/Plaza, Hotels, Luxury Brands and Products, Popular Retail Outlets, Movie Screens and more.
- Address: Z Square Shopping Mall Pvt. Ltd. in M.G. Marg, Kanpur
7. Great India Place Shopping Mall, Noida (UP)
Great India Place is located in the heart of Noida. It is the best entertainment destination in Noida. It is the best amusement park as well as entertainment facilities. It is also the fastest growing shopping mall in India in terms of visitors per month.
- Total Area Square Feet: 15,00,000
- Total Movie Screens: Six Movie Screens operated by BIG Cinemas
- Facilities: Food Zone, Fashion and Lifestyle with International brands, Grocery, Electronics and much more.
- Address: A 2, Ashok Marg, Sector 38A, New Okhla Industrial Development Area, UP
8. Select Citywalk, New Delhi
New Delhi is the political center and the capital of India. Besides the political activity in the city, New Delhi is also one of the best shopping destinations in the country. It provides the best experience to the shopping lovers and shopping addicted people. Select CityWalk is the biggest shopping mall in Delhi state.
Fast Facts :
- Total Area in Sq.Ft. – 13,00,000
- Opened in the year: 2007
- Total Zones: Three, Staple Traditional (family), Celebration (centre-stage) and High Voltage (youth)
- Retail Outlets: 130+
- Total Brands: More than 600+
- Multiplex: PVR Cinemas
- Address: Citywalk Shopping Mall, Saket, New Delhi
9. AlphaOne Shopping Mall, Ahmedabad (Gujarat)
Gujarat is the fastest growing state in India in terms of business and industry. It is the home of various popular business houses of India. Ahmedabad is also the most important business center of India. AlphaOne was established in the year 2011 to cater the need of tourist and local customers with International brands. AlphaOne is the largest shopping mall in Ahmedabad as well as in the state Gujarat.
Related Article: Biggest and Best Shopping Malls in Ahmedabad
- Total area- 12,00,000 Sq. Ft.
- Opened in the year: 2011
- Retail Outlets: More than 220+
- Popular Brands as well as International Stores
- Address: Vastrapur, Ahmedabad (Gujarat)
10. Neptune Magnet Mall, Mumbai (Maharashtra)
The Neptune Magnet Mall is one of the largest shopping malls in Mumbai. It is one of the best attractions for tourist across the city of Mumbai. It is also widely known as the family entertainment shopping mall in Mumbai. The Neptune Magnet Mall is also one of the luxurious malls in the city of Mumbai.
- Total Area – 1,056,000 Sq. Ft
- Total Storeys: 22 Storeys
- Towers: 6
- Foreign Exchange Counters, Food Court, Retail Outlets of International Brands, Metro Cash and Carry and much more.
- Address: Lal Bahadur Shastri Rd, Ganesh Nagar, Bhandup West, Mumbai
Article last re-published on August 19, 2016.