The Akshardham Temple is a temple complex, located on the National Highway 24 in New Delhi. The temple is also known as Swaminarayan Akshardham, Delhi Akshardham or only Akshardham Mandir. Bhagwan Swaminarayan is the primary deity in the temple complex. There are also other Hindu deities murtis are located within the central monument, including Shiv Parvati, Sita Ram, Lakshmi Narayan and Radha Krishna. The temple is one of the most visited places in the city-state Delhi.
Tourist Attractions/Places to Visit in the Temple Complex
- Hall of Values
- Giant Screen Film
- Boat Ride
- Water Show
- Garden of India
- Musical Fountains
Address: NH 24, Noida Mor, New Delhi PIN Code 110092
Contact number/Telephone: 011 2201 6688
E-mail ID: email@example.com
Official website: http://akshardham.com/contactus/index.htm
- Water Show Timings/Hours: Every evening after sunset
- Entry timings/hours: 9.30 AM
- Opening days: Tuesday to Sunday
- Last entry: 6.30 PM
- Entry fee/Entrance fee: Free
- Closed every Monday
- Exhibitions timings/hours: 10.30 am to 6.00 pm
- Souvenir shop timings/hours: 11.00 am to 8.00 pm
- Construction cost: Rs. 400 crore
- Primary deity: Swaminarayan
Parking Charges (maximum stay six hours)
– Bus and Coaches: Rs. 125
– Two Wheelers: Rs. 10
– Mini Bus and Vans: Rs. 60
– Car and Three Wheelers: Rs. 30
Strictly Prohibited/Not Allowed
– Outside food is not allowed.
– Avoid rude and improper language
– Pets are not allowed in the temple complex
– Electronic items are not allowed in the temple complex such as video cameras, mobile phones, and others.
– Alcohol, smoking, tobacco and drugs are not allowed inside the temple complex.
Dress Code/Recommended Clothings
As per the recommended clothing of the complex, visitors are requested to wear the respectable clothes.
– Winter (November to March): Warm clothes are recommended during this season.
– Summer (April to June): Light cotton clothes are recommended during this season.
– Monsoon (July to October): Wear respectable clothes according to your wish.
The Akshardham Temple is well-connected with other parts of Delhi. The nearest metro station is the Akshardham metro station, located just 500 metres from the main temple complex. Delhi Metro is the best way to reach the temple complex from any place of the city. The following is a list of places with distance in km from the Akshardham Temple.
- India Gate – 7.9 km
- Rashtrapati Bhavan – 9.3 km
- New Delhi Metro Station (Ajmere Gate) – 7.7 km
- Lots Temple – 15.1 km
- Red Fort – 7.4 km
- Jantar Mantar – 7.8 km
- Chandni Chowk – 10 km
- Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah – 9.7 km
- Jama Masjid – 8.2 km
- Paharganj – 10.1 km
- Mayur Vihar – 4.7 km
- Vasant Kunj – 25 km
- Sansad Marg – 8.5 km
- Qutub Minar – 18.2 km
- Iskcon Temple – 12.3 km
Please visit the official website of the Akshardham Temple Delhi to get the information on history, live Darshan, Utara, rules, wheelchair facility, photography permission, video shooting permission, guest house booking and others.
Article last re-published on July 30, 2015.