Rajkot is known as the capital of Saurashtra region. Rajkot is the largest district of Saurashtra as well as the best centre for most of the activities. If you are in Rajkot then don’t miss the following things to do in the city during your free time to make it more memorable.
4 Unique Things to Do in Rajkot
1. Eat Desi Food in Rajkot
The people of Rajkot love to eat street food often. It’s their routine to take some outside fast food besides their meal at a home. Some of the most popular foods such as Pau Bhaji, Panipuri, Dabeli, Sandwich (local taste), Ghughara, Vada pav, Samosa and a lot of other items. We have mentioned some of the popular places in Rajkot to taste the local food.
- Rasikbhai Chevdawala: Jubilee Road, Limda Chowk, Opposite Panchnath Mandir, Limda Chowk, Rajkot, Gujarat 360001 famous for chevdo, petish and delicious sweets.
- Jay Siyaram Pendawala: Kalawad Road Rajkot famous for delicious sweets especially for Penda.
- Sankalp Restaurant: Race Course Chowk Rajkot famous for South Indian food.
- Mayur Bhajiya: Gondal Road and Kotecha Chowk Rajkot famous for tasty Bhajia.
2. Visit Religious Places in Rajkot
The people of Rajkot are spiritual and they do religious practice daily either at their home or religious place. There are many beautiful and sacred places are located in the city for most of religious such as Hinduism, Islam, Jain and others. We have mentioned here a few places to be visited during your journey in the city.
- ISKCON Temple in Kalawad Road, Rajkot
- Hazrat Gebanshah Pir Dargah, Nr. Railway Station (Junction), Rajkot
- Prem Mandir (Church), Kalawad Road, Rajkot – 360 005
- Gurudwara, Shastri Nagar, Parsana Nagar, Rajkot
- Adinath Digamber Jain Temple, 15 Panchnath Plot., Panchnath Plot, Sadar, Rajkot.
If you don’t know how to reach Rajkot, then please read this guide.
3. Visit Best Tourist Attractions in Rajkot
Besides street food and religious places in Rajkot, the city has a lot of things to do. We are recommending you to please refer this article to get a complete list of best places to visit in Rajkot. You should not miss an opportunity to explore the best tourist places in Rajkot.
4. Visit Historical Places
Rajkot has a good number of historical places such as Alfred High School (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi Vidhyalaya) where the father of the nation of India studied. Rajkumar College is also located in the heart of the city i.e. Opposite of Shastri Maidan. This school is a popular one in the city because a large number of royal family members studied here. It is one of the best things to do in Rajkot.
Article last re-published on October 16, 2015.