Mumbai is the most popular metropolitan city of India. It is also considered as the entertainment, shopping hub and financial capital of the country. Night life in Mumbai is unforgettable if you are keen about it. Mumbai has everything a tourist required to make his/her tour memorable. Due to high growth of economy, lots of new shopping malls opened in the city and nearby areas. Besides best shopping experience, it also boosts economy and creates news jobs.
5 Best and Biggest Shopping Malls in Mumbai for Shopping Tour
1. High Street Phoenix, Lower Parel
It is the largest shopping mall in Mumbai with gross floor area is 33,00,000 square feet. Besides traditional shopping centres, it has five-star hotel, a residential tower and commercial space. HSP has more than 500 stores on more than 310000 square meters. It was opened in 1996 and still popular among Mumbaikars. Phoenix mall is superb, see the image below.
- Address: High Street Phoenix, The Phoenix Mills Limited, 462, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel (West), Mumbai – 400 013
- Owned by: The Phoenix Mills Co. Ltd
- Popular Stores: Big Bazaar, Lifestyle, Tommy Hilfiger, Next, Provogue, Planet M and others.
- Total Floors: four
2. Inorbit Mall, Malad
Inorbit Mall is one of the most luxury shopping mall in Mumbai. It was developed by K Raheja Corporation in 2004. It is also one of the largest shopping mall in South East Asia. On the ground floor, popular British stores are located. Besides British stores in the mall, there are numbers of Indian designer fashion outlets.
On the first floor, there are good numbers of national and international clothing brands as well as music stores. It is located outer western Mumbai, a perfect location for shopping lovers.
- Owned and Developed by: K Raheja Corporations
- Address: Link Road, Malad (W), Mumbai – 400 064
- Popular Brands: Crossword Bookstore, Adidas, Marks & Spencer, Lifestyle, Spencer’s.
- Retail Space: 6,00,000 Square feet
3. Infinity Mall, New Link Road
Infinity Mall is one of the best shopping mall in Andheri west. Besides traditional shopping area, Infinity Mall has best food court as well as children’s entertainment area. There are plenty of stores for jewellery, electronics, clothing and music stores.
Address: Next To Raheja Classic Complex, Oshiwara, Kavivar Pandit Indra Marg, Andheri West, Mumbai.
Popular Branded Stores: Provogue, Adidas, Raymonds, Nike, Food Bazaar, Westside and others.
4. Oberoi Mall, Goregaon East
Oberoi Mall is another luxurious shopping mall in the city. It was opened in mid 2008 with retail space of 5,00,000 square feet. On the first floor, shoppers can find cosmetics, accessories and perfumes stores. While on the second floor, visitors can find sports, clothing and other stores. On the third floor, attractive gaming zone and food court is located. The Oberoi Mall is the nearest shopping mall from Mumbai Airport.
- Address: Dindoshi, Goregaon East, Oberoi Garden City, International Business Park, Mumbai – 400 063
- Opening Hours: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Branded Stores: Pepe, Spykar, PVR Cinemas, TOmmy Hilfiger, Lifestyle, Adidas.
- Retail Space: 5,00,000 square feet.
5. Atria Mall, Worli
Atria Mall is one of the popular mall for branded and luxury items. It is located in Worli’s Dr. Annie Beasant Road in Mumbai. It was opened in mid 2006 with star-studded opening ceremony. Major attraction of the mall is environment friendly products, made by villagers. Besides shopping in the mall, Atria have best 4D cinema hall for entertainment.
- Address: Royal Garden, Opp Poonam Chambers, 2A/1, Dr Annie Besant Rd, Worli, Mumbai – 400 018
- Retail space: 1.90 lakh square feet
- Opening hours: 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM (All days)
- Popular Brands: Pepe Jeans, Peter England, Rolls Royce, Mango, La Senza and others.
Related: Best Places to Visit in Mumbai
Article Title: 5 Best and Biggest Shopping Malls in Mumbai for Best Shopping Experience
Article last re-published on May 14, 2017.