Mother is the most important person in everyone’s life. Without her, we can’t be here right now. She is the most caring and loving person in the world. To honour her, so many countries celebrates Happy Mother’s Day every year. It is the day when people honour her sacrifice, motherhood and love.
So, let’s see Mother’s Day 2016 date for each and every country around the world.
When is Mother’s Day in 2016, 2017, 2018, Mother’s Day 2016 Date
- Myanmar: People celebrate Mother’s day on full moon day in January each year.
- Georgia: People celebrate on 3rd March of every year.
- Norway: Norwegians celebrate on second Sunday of every February.
Following countries celebrates Mother’s day on 8th March each year.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Republic of Moldova
- Bulgaria, Macedonia
These three countries celebrates Mother’s day on fourth Sunday in Lent
- United Kingdom
Following countries celebrates Mother’s Day on 21st March each year (vernal equinox)
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
Following countries celebrate Mother’s Day on first Sunday of May
- Hungary, Lithuania, Romania, Mozambique, Portugal and Spain
These three countries celebrate Mother’s Day on 10th May each year
- El Salvador, Mexico and Guatemala
Following countries celebrate Mother’s day on second Sunday of May
- Anguilla, Zimbabwe, Antigua and Barbuda, Zambia, Aruba, Venezuela and Australia. Austria, Vietnam, Bahamas, Cambodia, Dominica, Canada, Colombia, Jamaica and Suriname. Bangladesh, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Ecuador, Philippines, United States, Puerto Rico and Italy. India, Barbados, Cuba, Kurdistan, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Uruguay, Greece and Denmark. Papua New Guinea, Tanzania, Belize, Macau, Ghana and Peru.
- Belgium, Ethiopia, Latvia, Saint Lucia, Taiwan, Bermuda, Grenada, Malaysia and Trinidad and Tobago. Botswana, Estonia, Sint Maarten, Tonga, Cyprus, Japan, Slovakia and Sri Lanka. Ukraine, Czech Republic, Liechtenstein, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Switzerland, Curacao, Bonaire and Finland. Singapore, Germany, Uganda, New Zealand, Brunei, Samoa, Hong Kong, Netherlands and Pakistan. Fiji, Turkey, Brazil, Malta, Guyana, Liberia, Honduras and Iceland.
Slovenia celebrate on 25th March on each year. While Armenia celebrate it on 7th April each year.
South Korea: South Korea celebrate Parent’s Day on 8th May each year.
On 15th May each year, Paraguay celebrate their own Mother’s day. It is the same day as Dia de la Patria. On 19th May each year, Kyrgyzstan celebrate Mother’s Day. While Poland celebrate on 26th May of each year. Bolivia celebrate on 27th May of each year.
Following countries celebrate Mother’s Day on last Sunday of May (Sometimes first Sunday of June if its Pentecost)
- Algeria, Tunisia, Dominican Republic, Sweden, France, Senegal, French Antilles, Mauritius, Madagascar, Haiti and Morocco.
Nicaragua celebrate on 30th May each year. Mongolia also celebrate on 1st June each year. Mongolia celebrate Mother’s Day and Children’s Day on same day. Luxembourg celebrate Mother’s day on second Sunday of June.
Kenya celebrate on last Sunday of June.
Thailand celebrate Mother’s day on the birthday of Queen Sirikit which falls on 12th August each year. While Costa Rica and Antwerp city of Belgium celebrate on 15th August each year (Assumption of Mary).
Malawi, another African country celebrate on second Monday of October.
On 14th October each year, Belarus celebrate Mother’s day since 1996. Argentina celebrate on third Sunday of October. Russia celebrate on last Sunday of November.
Read Also: Best Places to Celebrate Mother’s Day
Timor Leste celebrate Mother’s Day on 3rd November each year. Panama also celebrate on 8th December which is the day of Feast of the Immaculate Conception. Indonesia also celebrate Mother’s Day on 22nd December of each year.
If you have found this article useful and informative, then do not forget to share on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, and other popular places.
Article last re-published on February 20, 2016.