If you have been waiting for the most exciting Rio Carnival 2019, then you must plan accordingly to enjoy to the core. Understand everything about the event so that you don’t miss out on anything only to regret later. Rio Carnival 2019 is all about the grand Parades, carnival balls, street feasts, competitions, great crowd, and joy.
Out guide to Brazil Carnival 2019 will help you with all the necessary information that you may be looking at or wondering. After going through this guide, we bet that you will head straight to your wardrobe and start packing for this event.
Rio Carnival Tickets 2019 can be either purchased online or directly. However, we suggest that you make prior bookings to avoid last minute disappointments as the place gets heavily crowded with local and international travelers. The admission to the event starts from $200 to $1000 (for grand seating).
Rather, you can join the Samba School parade instead just being a part of the audience. For participating in the Rio Carnival 2019 Samba School parade, you would need to book a costume from them in advance.
Dates / Schedule:
Although, the timings have been recorded at various places and on different websites, they have not finalised the chart yet. Basically, the party mode lasts for almost 9 days from 1st to 9th.
For 3rd and 4th March 2019, Sunday and Monday the time slots are:
- 10:00 – 11:15 PM
- 11:15 – 00:30 PM
- 00:30 – 01:45 PM
- 01:45 – 03:00 AM
- 03:00 – 04:15 AM
- 04:15 – 05:30 AM
The Samba Parade is the center of attraction. Usually, women are at the head of the parade. They are given the responsibility to captivate the audience, spectators’ hearts, and also impress the judges. The Porta Bandiera is the flag bearer of the Samba School; she is the one who is dressed in a feather and sequined costume. Another important character is Mestre Sala who is her protector.
The couple is dressed with amazing costumes to make the event look brighter and cheerful. As per the Brazil Carnival 2019 parade’s rule, Mestre Sala is supposed to dance with her partner as well as the audience but she cannot afford her body to touch the flag by failing to which she would lose the points for her troupe.
Nearby Hotels / Accommodations:
To attend the Carnival in Rio de Janeiro 2019 Parade, you will need an accommodation at some of the Best Hotels Near Rio de Janeiro 2019 Parade so that you can leave your bags and get dressed for the grand event. The luxury packages include airfare, accommodation near or on the Ipanema Beach, participation in the Samba Parade, and meals. Luxury hotels offer you 4 to 5 star amenities. You can check lowest rates from this page.
3 star hotels are also a better option in case you are planning to remain out most of the time rather staying in the hotel. Some Best Places to Stay Near Rio Carnival Festival are, Hotel Cruz de Ouro, Parque Hotel, Central Hostel Rio de Janeiro, and Rio Othon Palace Hotel.
Travel Tips for Foreign Tourists:
- Make a note of these important Travel Tips for Foreign Tourists during Rio Carnival Festival 2019.
- Purchase the carnival tickets in advance or you will end up being disappointed.
- The fun part is to be a part of the Parade rather just being an audience; take details of the participation and enjoy to the core.
- If you are traveling from your homeland, then you will land at the Galeão International Airport, which is the busiest airport in the country.
- Although parties are everywhere during these days, it would be wise to stay near the subway station. This way, you can even enjoy the party inside the trains.
- Go for a 3-5 day Carnival package to add more fun. If you are trying to save some money from your wallet, Copacabana is economical than Ipanema or Leblon which are pricey.
- Rio Carnival 2019 is the most awaited event of the year and so the crowd expected is huge in number. Prepare yourself to face the crowd and take care of your belongings.
- You have options to get to the Samba parade by taxi, metro, or shuttle service.
- Pay fixed rate for the taxi rides to and fro from Sambordrome.
- If you wish to enjoy free parties, travel to Blocos. Enjoy great music and carnivals here.
- Be aware of these safety tips and remember to be safe at a distance as the crowd may also create a stampede at times.
- Do not leave your children’s hands at any cost.
- Only buy drinks and foods from registered street vendors.
- Gather before time.
- Follow proper Safety Tips for Rio Carnival Festival 2019 and do not try the home-distilled liquor.
- Be ready to try different masks, costumes, or some funny hats to be a part of the crowd.
For any queries and concerns related to the grand Rio Carnival 2019, check the online details, terms, and conditions related.
We wish you a very happy and happening Rio Carnival 2019. Make the most of your time.
Read Also: Thailand Koh Phangan Full Moon Party 2019
Article Title: Rio Carnival 2019 Tickets, Parade Info, Dates, Schedule, Nearby Hotels, Guide, and More
Article first published on February 3, 2019.