Dunedin is popular for its beaches on the West Harbor and also known for the Botanic Gardens. Celebrate the Christmas 2018 Dunedin with your friends and family. There are beautiful locations to dine and celebrate Christmas. Restaurants are beautifully decorated and so are the houses during Christmas.
The city is not that happening as people love the idea of sticking to home on 25th mainly, so you can either drive to Nicols Falls in Leith Valley or take a drive to see the decorations.
Christmas 2018 Dunedin: Best Events, How to Spend, Things to Do, Travel Tips, and More
How to Spend Christmas in Dunedin:
- Visit the St Clair or St Kilda for an all-day Christmas celebrations. Beachgoers will love the ambiance and atmosphere. Many families and friends come in large crowd here with loved ones and plan for the New Year too.
- Step inside the beautiful Dawn Princess Cruise Ship. It is worth spending the day on the cruise celebrating Christmas with loved ones. Christmas 2018 Dunedin also has many surprised stored for the guests on the cruise.
- The Night and Day Store sells fresh cakes, pastries, and many other Christmas stuff. It feels great to shop for Christmas as that lifts the mood for the festive season.
Christmas Events in Dunedin:
- Forsyth Barr Stadium is worth the trip as the party is open for all age groups and the entry is free. They have bouncy castles, toy swap, bands, choirs, Christmas carols, and more… You won’t be bored for a moment. Remember, alcohol is not allowed at the venue.
- Christmas Events in Dunedin are incomplete without a Christmas Parade. How about attending the grand parade at Downtown Main St. The parade includes train rides, kids crafts, traditional games, live music, snow slides, and more. It is known as the best Christmas Parade in Dunedin.
- Enjoy a lip-smacking Christmas dinner and entertaining show at Edgar Centre. You can’t stop laughing at their comedy shows. It is a different experience altogether to dance on the tune of the DJ.
Things to Do in Dunedin During Christmas:
- Watch the little penguins and take a breathtaking experience walking with them or straight head to the Toiti Otago Settlers Museum.
- George Street Dundein Motel is the best place to explore on foot. Travel a bit further and join a decent crowd gathered to exchange Christmas greetings.
- Dunedin Botanic Gardens is about 150 years old and have some of the splendid species of flowers including roses and camellias. It is a home to many international and native birds.
Reserve your Christmas stay in advance and get good discounts from some of the popular hotels. Most places get busy during Christmas season; so plan well in advance with your loved ones. We wish you a merry Christmas.
Read Also: Christmas 2018 Parade in Whangarei
Article Title: Christmas 2018 Dunedin: Best Events, How to Spend, Things to Do, Travel Tips, and More
Article first published on December 16, 2018.