Auckland is the city of Christmas celebrations in a traditional style. If you are planning your Christmas vacations in Auckland, there is nothing as exciting as this. Attend the great Farmers Santa Parade just before Christmas in Auckland.
Plenty of other things to do in Auckland for Christmas keep the local residents busy. We bet you are going to take home loving and unforgettable memories of this divine festive season.
Christmas 2018 Auckland: Things to Do, How to Spend, Events, and More
Things to do in Auckland for Christmas:
- Watch the lovely Penguins of Madagascar, Caroling Elves, and Santa’s grotto at the Zoo this Christmas.
- The Christmas parades at the Queen Street, Customs Street, and Albert Street are the highlight of the city.
- Make your Christmas in Auckland memorable by being a part of celebrations at Smith and Caugheys.
- Christmas at Silo Park offers you mouthwatering street food, live music, entertainment concerts, open air cinema, dancing, and more that you can imagine.
- Families with kids can take their little ones to the Maritime Museum. They host innumerable Christmas games, and activities like kite flying, Christmas crafts, costume making, and a chance to meet the Santa Claus.
Popular Christmas Events in Auckland:
- Attend the various Christmas concerts at Te Atatu Peninsula Baptist Church. It is magical and many families arrive here in beautifully dressed attire.
- Mayoral Drive will see some amazing Christmas events in Auckland. Many plans are stored for Christmas 2018 Auckland The fun begins from 7th December.
- Most parts of central Auckland will see free Christmas events in Auckland. The events at Skycity will thrill and excite you with the festive spirit.
How to Spend Christmas in Auckland:
- If you are confused on how to spend Christmas in Auckland, begin the celebrations by attending the Annual Christmas Concert of Philharmonia. These are usually held at the Holy Trinity Cathedral in mid-December.
- Rush to the Franklin Road for some traditional Christmas touch and decorations. It is magical to see the streets decorate so beautifully. People are excited to walk on the streets, click pictures, and exchange Christmas greetings with each other.
- Taste the delicious desserts and shop some gifts for your family from the farmers’ market. The annual Orewa Twilight Xmas Market is a must visit for unique and pretty Christmas gifts.
- Auckland has plentiful of beaches to celebrate casual Christmas by drinking, dancing, and enjoying. You will get to see many popular restaurants that serve you delicious food and fresh desserts. Christmas 2018 Auckland is expecting great number of tourists this year too.
The Christmas in Auckland won’t let you bored for a moment. Plan your vacation in a manner that you can explore more of the city.
Read Also: How to Celebrate New Year’s in Auckland
Article Title: Christmas 2018 Auckland: Things to Do, How to Spend, Events, and More
Article first published on September 2, 2018.