Have you been planning for the Welland Canal Tours? That is an excellent choice of the year as you are going in for a total adventure! The Canal is an iconic part of St. Lawrence Seaway, that connects the beautiful Great Lakes of Atlantic Ocean. The entire trip takes about an hour for the travelers to experience.
This canal was created with the sole objective to bypass the gigantic Niagara Falls. It is as long as 43 km and is more thrilling than the Panama Canal. To create more excitement about the journey, do some homework on the Welland Canal.
Ticket Prices / Canal Tour Cost:
Book the tour at the cost of CA$ 69.99 per person. When you take the trip, you would know it is worth the money. You may call the help-desk number and check with them about any changes in the Welland Canal Tours Ticket Prices 2019 during busy periods.
For reservation / buy tickets, please check this page.
The tour cost would include a Segway training, Safety helmet, a personal guide to explain you the entire points through the Welland Canal, A helmet which is mandate, First Aid Kit, and a Segway PT X2.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
For any change of plan or cancellations and refunds, you will have to contact the Niagara Falls Segway Tours company. They also have an email to be approached. If your cancellations are made atleast 24 hours prior, you will be eligible for full refund.
Step 1: The meeting location for the tour is at the Lock 3 Museum in St. Catharines. A detailed address of the pickup point can be taken by your local guide. At the main parking lot, you will be greeted by the staff and you will also see a trailer with a Segway picture.
Step 2: Once you have signed the registration form, your Segway training will begin at about 10:50 am.
Step 3: The ride will begin along with other passengers along the Welland Canal Parkway at about 11:00 am.
Step 4: Take a short break at about 11:30. You may meet and greet the others who have joined you or simply enjoy the beauty of the canal.
Step 5: The ride for Escarpment begins after the break at about 12:40 pm.
Step 6: Ride through the Fallen Workers Memorial which is located outdoors at about 12:55 pm.
Step 7: The tour ends at about 1:00 pm.
You can find here more information from this page.
Reasons Why Is Welland Canal worth a visit:
- The tour is an ideal choice for people in smaller groups who are like minded for a thrilling adventure.
- You are assured to receive a relaxing adventure in the midst of nature’s beauty.
- It is a great decision for those seeking knowledge as you would learn about the marvels of Welland Canal’s engineered construction.
- This great canal attaches the breathtaking lakes of the Atlantic Ocean which is one of the reasons why people visit to experience the same.
Things You Must Know About the Welland Canal Segway Tour:
- The Segway tour is open for people above 12 years of age.
- As far as weight is concerned, you must be between 100 (45 kgs) to 250 pounds (115 kg) to take up this tour.
- You are expected to wear comfortable clothing and flat shoes only.
- The tour usually takes small group of people as the speed keeps changing based on per person’s comfort level.
- You will be given short breaks in between to stretch legs and relax for a bit.
- Ponchos and rainy wear are provided during bad weather or rains however, you must take an extra pair of clothing with you.
- Segway practice would take some time to get used to; however usually it takes about 10 minutes to get adjusted and balance.
Have a safe and easy ride!
Article Title: Welland Canal Tours: Ticket Prices, Cancellation, Refund Policy and More
Article first published on August 28, 2019.