Emirates Airlines is one of the most popular and best airlines in the world. When premier customers fly anywhere, they would like to buy flight tickets from the Emirates, one of the most popular premier airlines. To buy business class tickets, you should consider the official website or other popular flights deals portal. They offers one of the best experiences to any customer.
In this article, we have compiled a list of the most important, amazing, interesting, and mind blowing facts about Emirates airlines.
Facts about Emirates Airlines: 16 Interesting, Amazing and Mind Blowing Facts
1. Emirates has a fleet size of 258 aircraft, one of the largest fleet sizes in the world.
2. Dubai International Airport is the primary hub for the company.
3. Emirates operates its flights at more than 161 destinations.
4. Emirates generates 36.5% of its revenue from Europe & Americas & spends 35.1% of its revenue on fuel.
5. It is the largest airline company in the Middle East in terms of passengers carried, revenue, and fleet size.
6. Dubai International Airport’s Terminal 3 was built exclusively for the use of Emirates at a cost of $4.5 billion and officially opened 14 October 2008.
7. Emirates has a more than 10,785 cabin crew from more than 120 countries speaking over 80 languages.
8. It was ranked 8th by Air Transport World for “Airline of the Year” in 2012.
9. Emirates was also voted as the ‘Airline of the Year’ in 2013.
10. The company is known for its large order, purchased 200 aircraft in 2013 alone.
11. The company also operates four of the world’s longest non-stop commercial flights from Dubai (United Arab Emirates) to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas/Fort Worth, and Houston in the United States of America.
12. Emirates has made code-share agreement with Philippine Airlines, Qantas, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian Airlines, Silk Air, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, TAP Portugal, Thai Airways, Virgin America, Air Mauritius, Air New Zealand, Alaska Airlines, All Nippon Airways, Cathay Pacific, Garuda Indonesia, JetBlue, Jetstar, Jetstar Asia, and Korean Air.
13. Emirates ranks as the largest airline in the world by international seating capacity, according to the latest annual report by IATA.
14. Skywards, the frequent flyer program of Emirates has 5.72 million members.
15. In East London, they sponsored the Emirates Air Line Cable car which was built over the River Thames (2011).
16. Emirates is one of the biggest sponsors in cricket game. They sponsors Cricket Australia, Pro Arch Tournament, Lord’s Taverners, Durham County Cricket Club, Old Trafford Cricket Ground, Lancashire County Cricket Club, and many others.
Related Article: Facts about IndiGo Airlines
Article Title: Facts about Emirates Airlines: 16 Interesting, Amazing and Mind Blowing Facts
Article last re-published on March 7, 2019.