The Full Moon Party of Thailand 2019 is the most awaited period for the travelers as well as local people. It is an event you would go crazy for. It has gained its prominence for many reasons which include food, crowd, music, and activities.
Be prepared to be in the most beautiful location with beautiful people around you. Our guide will help you with all the relevant details associated with Thailand Koh Phangan Full Moon Party 2019. Don’t miss to read the dos and don’ts of the party before you leave.
Thailand Koh Phangan Full Moon Party 2019 Dates, Schedule, Tickets, Locations and More
Best Attractions of Party:
The fireworks show on the Haad Rin Beach is the most prominent thing to notice. Each bar has its own music played for the crowd. Most people are dressed in florescent colored clothes or carry luminous objects to enjoy the spirit of partying.
Apart from performances by international DJs there is giant rope jumping, spinning fire poles, twirling fireballs on the ropes, and body painting. Don’t miss their beverage of the day, which is the ‘bucket’. It is usually a bottle of hard liquor mixed with whiskey, sugarcane, vodka or Hong Thong, and a bottle of red bull. Expect a lot of drinking, dancing, partying, sex, and drugs.
Date / Schedule of Thailand Koh Phangan Full Moon Party 2019:
Get ready to plan your travel at any of these dates as mentioned hereunder:
- 20th January, February, and March: Sunday, Wednesday, and Wednesday respectively.
- 19th April and May: Friday and Sunday respectively.
- 17th June: Monday
- 18th July: Thursday
- 15th August: Thursday
- 13th September: Friday
- 14th October: Monday
- 11th November: Monday
- 11th, 25th, and 31st December: Wednesday, Wednesday, and Tuesday respectively.
Avoid walking bare feet on the beach as there are chances of broken pieces of glasses on the sand that may hurt you. You may either wear comfortable sports shoes, sneakers, or flip flops. Wear something as per the beach environment.
The full moon party of Thailand is held every year in Ko Phangan. You have two options to travel to the destination.
1. You can take a flight to Bangkok; once you land at Bangkok, take another flight to Ko Samui International Airport. The airfare from Bangkok to Ko Samui would cost you about £90 one way. Take a boat across to reach Ko Phangan from the airport. This is a convenient option if you are running low on time.
2. Another option to reach Ko Phangan is by taking a coach to Ko Samui and then a boat to Ko Phangan. Various buses are available to reach Hua Hin and then a boat to Ko Phangan.
Try getting a taxi from Bangkok to Hua Hin; the journey takes about two and half hours. Private cabs are also available on hire basis at a cost of £40. Train and bus journey will cost you about £5.
The first option departure is at 08:30 hours and arrival is at 16:20 hours. If you book online, the cost is 1400 THB. The entire journey takes about 8 hours.
The second option departs at 23:30 hours and arrives at 11:00. Online bookings cost 1400 THB. The time taken for the journey is 11 and half hours.
Nearest Hotels / Best Accommodations:
There are oodles of choices from luxury to affordable for the full moon party stay.
1. Phangan Bayshore Resort Koh Phangan:
Facing the beachfront, the resort is a treat to the eyes. The full moon party is at a walking distance from the hotel. There is a huge swimming pool, fitness center, modern styled décor and interiors. The prices for the stay begin from £40 per night for two. Check latest price and amazing deals here.
2. Sunset Beach Villas:
At a distance of 5 minutes from the full moon party lays these beautiful villas. They have everything to keep you satisfied in terms of quality, comfort, and class. The modern amenities and cozy rooms make wonders after a tiring long night of the party. You can get amazing deals from this page.
3. The Little Paradise:
The Little Paradise is affordable on the wallet and gives you all the basic amenities for the stay. The hotel is located facing the beachfront. They have a swimming pool and cozy rooms to stay.
Beware of wallet snatchers, pick pockets, and drunkards. Take care of your cellphones and belongings. To be on the safer side, you may keep your expensive stuff and money at the hotel’s safe only. Stay away from fire and watch out the broken glasses on floor before you walk.
Travel Tips for Foreign Tourist:
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout your journey by drinking good amount of water.
- Take some rest beforehand at the hotel as it is going to be a long night for you.
- Wear right and perfect shoes so that you can explore the place comfortably.
- Purchase buckets which are near the clubs and bars rather getting excited from the hawkers to save some money.
- Pre-book your hotel rooms to avoid last minute price hike.
- Save money for the toilet as going to the washroom may cost you about 15 BHT.
- Beware of consuming drugs as you will be offered to do that; however if caught you can be behind the bars.
Read Also: Best New Year’s Eve Destinations in Thailand
Article Title: Thailand Koh Phangan Full Moon Party 2019 Dates, Schedule, Tickets, Locations and More
Article first published on January 25, 2019.