Gunbaru Inn Ukulhas Maldives is a good place to stay and enjoy crystal clear waters beach. The hotel is located in beautiful island Ukulhas, about 3-minute walk from ferry terminal. Popular attractions are located nearby, such as Bikini Beach, Sunset Photoshoot Point and others. People have one common question, how to get to Gunbaru Inn Ukulhas? Don’t worry about airport transfer. They helps you to reach here!
They offer different airport transfer options, such as Speed Boat, Public Ferry, Speed Boat Hire, and Seaplane. So, let’s explore best ways to reach here in Ukulhas Island, Maldives.
1. Speedboat Transfer from Male Airport
A speedboat transfer from Male Airport is one of the best ways to reach here. This mode of transport takes up to 90 minutes (usually). They charge US$50 per adult person per way and US$100 for round trip. The schedule of speed boat transfer is given below:
- Airport to Gunbaru Inn – Everyday 10:30 hours and 16:00 hours
- Gunbaru Inn to Airport – Everyday 07:00 hours and 13:00 hours
Your airport transfer request should be made at least one day prior to your departure.
2. Public Ferry from Male City (Cost Friendly Option)
A public ferry from Male City to Gunbaru Inn Ukulhas is one of the cheapest ways to reach here. They charge only US$3.5 per person per way. This public ferry is maintained and operated by the Government of the Maldives. To get ferry tickets, your presence is required at Villimale Terminal, Male City.
All guests need to make proper arrangements on their own to reach Male City from Airport. However, the distance is very short, 4.7 km.
The schedule of public ferry from Male City to Ukulhas is given below:
- Airport to Gunbaru Inn – Only on Monday & Thursday (depart at 9:00 am) from Villimal Ferry Terminal in Male City
- Gunbaru Inn to Airport – Sunday & Wednesday (depart at 10:00 am)
3. By Speedboat (Hire) from Male Airport
A private speedboat transfer from Male Airport is very costly for couple or small family. This option is only feasible to tourists who are in group. The cost of private speed boat (hire) transfer from Male to Ukulhas is US$650 per trip (one-way cost).
For private speedboat hire, guests should make their payment and reservation at least 3 days prior to your actual arrival with the hotel. The schedule is given below:
- Airport to Gunbaru Inn – Any time during day time
- Gunbaru Inn to Airport – Any time during day time
To make room reservation at the best prices (with good deals), checkout this website.
4. Seaplane Transfer from Male International Airport
Velana International Airport is the main airport where most of the International flights land. A seaplane journey starts from Male Airport’s nearest seaplane terminal itself.
The seaplane will lands at nearby place. From there, Gunbaru Inn will arrange for your transfer (through boat). This will cost you extra money and should be paid directly to the hotel. They charge US$75 per way (one-way) and US$150 round trip.
The cost of seaplane transfer from Male Airport to nearby place is given below:
- US$390 one-way & US$780 round trip per person
- US$250 one-way & US$500 round trip per child
- Infant (up to 2 Years): Free of Charge
The schedule of seaplane transfer from Male Airport to nearby island is given below:
- Airport to Gunbaru Inn – Seaplane flight operates during the day time only ( 6:00am -3:00pm)
- Gunbaru Inn to Airport – Seaplane flight operates during the day time only ( 6:00am -3:00pm)
Article first published on February 28, 2020.