Beach Veli Ukulhas is one of the best guest houses in the Maldives. It is located in Ukulhas Island, Maldives. They offer beachfront, free WiFi, family rooms, airport shuttle, and delicious food. In their restaurant, you can enjoy continental, local Maldivian food, Asian, American, and vegetarian food.
In this article, we have offered important airport transfer options information from Beach Veli Ukulhas to Male Airport and vice versa.
1. Public Ferry (Cheapest Option)
A ferry is one of the cheapest options to reach Ukulhas Island from Male. They charge only US$3.5 per person. However, one big drawback is time. They takes up to 4 hours in single way journey. The schedule of this public ferry is given below:
- Male Harbor: Villigili Ferry Terminal
- Male to Ukulhas: Monday & Thursday (depart at 9:00 am)
- Ukulhas to Male: Sunday & Wednesday (depart at 09:45 am)
2. Speed Ferry from Male
This is widely used mode of transport to reach any island in the Maldives. This is more costly compared to public ferry. As of now, they charge US$50 per adult person and US$25 (about 50% of adult rate) per children (below 6 years). Infants below 2 years of age enjoy free of charge journey.
This journey takes about 90 minutes in single way. The schedule of speedboat transfer from Male to Ukulhas is given below, subject to change based on weather conditions:
- Male’ Harbor: Jetty No 6
- Malé to Ukulhas: Sat to Thu (10:30 AM, 04:00 PM), Fri (09:30 AM and 04:30 PM)
- Ukulhas to Malé: Sat to Thu (07:00 AM and 01:00 PM), Fri (07:00 AM and 02:00 PM)
To get finest deals, and lowest prices, we recommend you to checkout this portal link.
3. Private Speed from Male (Feasible for Group Travelers)
This is a good option for travelers in group. This private speed can cost you US$650 per trip. If you hire a small boat, this cost you US$350 per trip. This airport transfer also takes 90 minutes in single way.
The schedule of this private speed is given below:
- Harbor: Airport or Male (Any)
- Male to Ukulhas: Sunday to Saturday (Time: Any)
- Ukulhas to Male: Sunday to Saturday (Time: Any)
4. AirTaxi or Seaplane Transfer from Male
This is the costliest option but one of the best ways to explore beautiful islands with bird-eye view. AirTaxi is also known as Seaplane and should be booked 3 days in advance. A seaplane transfer from Male Airport to nearby island takes about 20 minutes in single way.
The cost of seaplane transfer from Male Airport to nearby island is US$190 per adult person (single way), and US$330 for round trip. For children, this cost is US$95 per way, US$165 for round transfer. As always, infants (below 2 years) tickets are complimentary (free of charge).
Article first published on March 7, 2020.