Vacations! No one on earth will ever say no to them, the more, the merrier it gets always. Travelling to different destinations, exploring the culture, places, food and a luxury accommodation that comes with it is like extra topping on the pizza. The fun of travel is enhanced if you get the right accommodation. A home away from home but loaded with double the luxury certainly feels better.
Heritage Hotels are the trend setter in offering such accommodations. A grand stay amidst of luxurious charm of old days in combination with modern comforts is a feeling and experience like no other. In this article we bring to you details on some of the best luxury heritage hotels in Asia that may interest you for your vacation. So as a famous Chinese proverb says-“Don’t just listen to what they say, go see” feel the elegance and spend a royal vacation in one of these.
1. Rambagh Palace, Jaipur (India)
India the beautiful land of art and architecture brings to you one of the finest Heritage Hotels in Asia at Rambagh Palace, Jaipur. Built in 1835, this elegant property offers 78 stunningly beautiful and royal accommodations for its guests. Talk about the beauty of art and architecture, embellishments, decorations or the elegant setup in middle of beautiful Mughal Gardens, every corner of the palace is a reflection of its glorious era and extravagance.
Discover the authentic Rajasthani heritage and experience the royal Indian hospitality and we bet you will always find an excuse to come over again and again. Make your room or suite reservation from this page.
Along with the luxury stay, experience the finest dining at these restaurants:
- Suvarna Mahal- the beautifully decorated French style restaurant offering royal Indian feast.
- Verandah Café- all day dining multicuisine restaurant.
- Polo Bar- a beautiful lounge for enjoying delectable Mediterranean delights.
Wellness and Recreation
Rejuvenate your body and soul with exotic Indian wellness therapies at Jiva Grande Spa.
2. Eastern & Oriental, Eastern Penang (Malaysia)
Located in the beautiful country of beaches Malaysia, this iconic luxury is one of the finest Heritage Hotels in Asia and offers beautiful accommodation with a touch of colonial architecture and ancient aura of the time. The luxury rooms offer mesmerizing views of sea and courtyard. Have a look at the elegant accommodations:
- Deluxe Suite- with sea views and separate living area (available for stays from 20th December 2019 onwards).
- Georgetown Suite
- Premier Suite
- Straits Suite/Writers Suite
- Pinang Suite
- E&O Suite
- Studio Suites
- Corner Suites
To make reservation for room or suite, check rates here.
- Poolside Terrace (Enjoy E&O’s signature cocktails and appetizers at the unique pool bar and restaurant offering splendid views of sunset and the Andaman Sea)
- Planters Lounge (An elegant lounge for continental breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Sarkies (Offering a wide buffet selection of local and international fare)
3. The Peninsula, Hong Kong
This elegant colonial style luxury heritage hotel located in Hong Kong was opened in 1928 and expanded in 1994 showcases beautiful combination of colonial and modern comfort elements is one of the best Luxury Heritage Hotels in Asia.
Each room is tastefully decorated and showcases a perfect blend of finest craftsmanship with timeless aesthetics. The luxury heritage hotel offers splendid accommodations in following categories:
- Grand Deluxe Harbour Room
- Deluxe Room
- Deluxe courtyard room
- Superior suite/Superior Harbour view suite
- Deluxe Harbour View Suite/Grand Deluxe Harbour View Suite
- The Marco Polo Suite
- The Peninsula Suite
We recommend you to make your reservation early during peak season from this website.
- Gaddi’s( French restaurant)
- Spring Moon (Cantonese cuisine)
- Imasa (Japanese cuisine)
- Chesa (Swiss cuisine)
4. Raffles Singapore
This luxurious heritage property is one of the most Popular Heritage Hotels In Asia and quite a name among travelers for its exquisite fusion of royal grandeur and modern leisure. Opened in 1887, this elegant luxury is inspired by colonial styles and is declared a National Monument in 1987. The hotel offers accommodations in following categories:
- 2 Promenade Suites
- 6 Studio suites
- 35 Palm Court Suites
- 12 Personality Suites
- 5 Residence Suites
- 4 Grand Hotel Suites
- Presidential Suites
- State Room Suites
- Courtyard Suites
- BBR by Alain Ducasse (Bar and Billiards room)
- Butcher’s Block (Steak House)
- La Dame de Pic
- The Grand Lobby (Afternoon Tea)
- Tiffin Room (North Indian cuisine)
- yì by Jereme Leung(by Celebrity MasterChef Jereme Leung)
- Long Bar
- Raffles Courtyard (alfresco bar)
- Writers Bar
Wellness and Recreation
Indulge into pampering spa experiences at the Spa’s Ice Fountain and Sauna at Aromatic Steam Room for an ultimate relaxing experience.
5. Sofitel Legend Metropole, Hanoi (Vietnam)
The splendid heritage luxury in Vietnam showcases a charming blend of French art with Vietnamese touches. Preserving the timeless magical aura of the hotel, the hotel is surely going to give you most unforgettable memories of your holidays.
The luxury heritage hotel features 364 rooms/suites, with glimpses of colonial grandeur each room/suites is well equipped with all the modern amenities like broadband Internet, LCD televisions and famous Hermes & Lanvin bathroom amenities.
We suggest you to make reservation @ this page..
Relish the incredible gastronomic journey at following venues:
- Cafe La Terrasse
- Bamboo Bar (poolside bar)
- Spices Garden (Vietnamese restaurant)
- Le Beaulieu (the award winning French restaurant)
- Angelina (cocktail bar, restaurant and whisky lounge)
Wellness and recreation
Enjoy luxury spa pampering at Le Spa du Metropole. The hotel also offers special Festive Spa Packages like body exfoliation and customized slimming treatment.
6. The Strand, Myanmar
Built in 1901, this amazing heritage luxury is now owned and acquired by Sarkies brothers (owners of Raffles in Singapore and The E&O in Penang). The elegant heritage hotel is one of the most Luxury Heritage Hotels In Asia with stunning Colonial architecture.
Enjoy lovely stays in Superior, Deluxe, Executive, strand suite. Each room/suite is beautifully decorated and has black and white photographs that have witnessed the glorious past of the hotel. Well equipped with bespoke amenities, each room offers a unique luxury experience to its guests. Make your room or suite reservation from this page.
Relish wonderful dining experiences at following:
- The Strand Café – serving a vast selection of traditional Myanmar food, handmade pastries made using the century’s old preserved recipes.
- The Road Along the River- For sumptuous breakfast, a light meal or the Strand High tea
Article first published on January 24, 2020.
Top 10 Famous Heritage Hotels in India